Wednesday 10 August 2011

Enid Collins bags


Enid Collins started her business with her husband Fred in 1959 in Medina (TX). She designed very extravagant handbags created with wood or canvas and decorated with colorful rhinestones and finished with leather trim. Every bag was completely handmade. To me Enid Collin's bags are real works of art and I feel lucky to have managed to find two in pretty good shape. I took my Pavan bag at a friend's wedding (where my profile pic was taken) and it didn't get unnoticed for sure XD I'd love to find one of her canvas bag also but I didn't had any luck yet. I fell in love in particolar with a gorgeous cream bucket decorated with butterflies, simply gorgeous! What do you think? Will you wear one of these bags?
Have a fabulous day!

-

Enid Collins aprì la sua azienda insieme al marito Fred a Medina in Texas nel 1959. Creava borse estremamente originali, realizzate in legno o in tela, decorate con pietre colorate e rifinite in pelle. Tutte le borse venivano fatte e decorate a mano. Per me sono dei veri capolavori e mi sento fortunata ad essere riuscita a trovarne due in condizioni tutto sommato buone. Ho indossato la Pavan al matrimonio di un'amica (dove è stata scattata la foto del mio profilo) e devo dire che la mia borsa non è passata di certo inosservata XD Mi piacerebbe prendere anche un modello in tela ma per ora non sono riuscita a trovare quella che mi piace di più: un secchiello color panna decorato con delle farfalle, semplicemente stupendo! Voi che ne dite, vi piacciono? Le indossereste?
Vi auguro una splendida giornata!

xoxo

C



 Flower Power



 Pavan




Enid Collins in her studio

No comments:

Post a Comment